So, I print screened these pics from the Tone it up app. I recommend you to download the app cause it’s really good. The daily moves you can see everyday but if you want to have access for the videos you need to pay a montly/yearly fee and it is not expensive. So worth it. This was my workout today and I also put some extra with arms.
I just made a simple salad today. We made springrolls this weekedn and still have the dressing/dipp and shrimps left. So I just added som veggies, natural cashew nuts and mixed it all together. Nothing complicated. The pink dressing is from light mayo with sriracha chili and the brown one is a mix with peanut butter, soya sauce and some sweet chili if I remember correct. Simple and delicious.
So, it’s been awhile since I put up latest five favorite things right now. Let’s start!
I have been really careful after delivery with my body. I started after five days to take small walks outside with Elena. But it was really short once. Like only around the corner and then I was exhausted. Now, after two month I can finally start soft with my yoga and taking myself down to the gym. I am still recovering so be aware of that I am listening to my body.
As I have mentioned before I’ve been following Tone it up. I have their app and love their workouts. It’s a big community as well for women and it keeps me so positive when it comes to workout and health. I have been a member since 2013 and still loving it. It is a lifestyle not just some stupid diet to finish with after.
It’s Monday again and maybe for some this can be a little stressful, creates anxiety or non of it. We like to blame on things like work or something else that’s given us those feelings. But if we are honest and true to ourself it’s the mind and the thoughts who is playing with us. And once you come to realize that this means nothing dangerous or bad, life will get so much easier. I can see much more information on internet and newspapers how to work your mental health. They make it seems so easy for people to think that if you only do this you will be free from whatever is your problem. But this is wrong.
When I started to practice yoga, and not just going to classes, I also wanted to read about it. To fully understand it’s meaning. I am not there yet at all. I think it’s a long way if not your whole life to learn. But one thing that made my practice so much more easier was to understand that it doesn’t mean to shut out your thoughts while practicing. In the beginning I could get so nervous and putting pressure on myself. I was thinking more to not to think because I thought this was the way. To do yoga you need to NOT TO THINK. How crazy is that. It’s impossible. The mind is it’s own little place and wants to wander around.
I read and learnt from teachers not to punish yourself. We are made like this. All the feelings that we have, good or bad, is something that creates us as humans. If you feel sad, yoga wants you to feel that feeling. It wants you to be aware and let it fall over you. Because thats the way of letting it go when it’s time for that. So, everything has it’s time. And don’t think that you can train your brain into one way or direction. Life is suppose to go up and down.
I love honey. I mean really love. I think it doesn’t go a day by without eating some honey. Since first time I tasted honey I fell in love. So, I’m picky now. I have tasted many good ones but now I’m lucky since my husbands parents has their own honey in the garden. And for me it’s the best taste ever. Every time we are visiting them in Serbia we make sure to bring home to have. It has a nice soft delicious taste and it’s so smooth! But honey has many healthy things that I’m gonna remind/learn you readers here about.
Honey contains antioxidants, vitamins and proteins that, on regular consumption, can cleanse the body from different toxins. In addition, the honey’s antibacterial properties will improve the conditions for your skin to feel good. For example, many make “honey masks” and feel that it works well. The qualities of the honey can make a good impression, it seems calming and delights.
If you wear any extra weight, most doctors and experts recommend that you check your sugar intake.Honey is a very good supplement as sweetener as it keeps the blood sugar even and can help you lose weight. Honey contains vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin C, iron, calcium, sodium, zinc, potassium and phosphorus, minerals and white names that are known to speed up your metabolism. Studies have also shown that a diet of honey can also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease in obese people.
Honey has no cholesterol at all. On the contrary, its minerals and vitamins can help reduce levels of “bad” cholesterol, the BBC writes referring to studies at, among others, the University of Illinois. A daily consumption of honey also has a beneficial effect on the level of antioxidant compounds in the body, which is also believed to fight cholesterol. Research shows that the antioxidants present in honey can prevent arteries from constriction and thus combat a number of heart-related diseases. In a study, 25 men, aged between 18 and 68, were given a mixture of 4 tablespoons of honey in a glass of water. It turned out that this improved levels of antioxidants in their blood, writes Daily Mail.
Eating honey seems to be able to fight stress – but did you know it can boost memory? A 2011 study showed that menopausal women, who received 1 tablespoon honey a day, got better memory. Honey also has the ability to help the body absorb calcium, which has a beneficial effect on brain function, according to researcher Matthew Brennecke.
Honey can help you who have trouble falling asleep. Like sugar, honey can cause an increase of insulin and release serotonin: a signal substance that improves the mood and gives happiness. “The body converts serotonin into melatonin, a chemical compound that regulates the length and quality of sleep,” according to Rene Ficek, senior experimentalist at Seattle Sutton Healthy Eating.
Honey has antibacterial properties, so many recommend eating a spoon of mancha honey on fasting stomach. This simple ritual can help prevent various diseases associated with the gastrointestinal tract, according to several studies. When the honey passes through the stomach it can counteract bacteria and heal small wounds in the mucosa, the researchers believe.
Some people do not usually believe me when I say that a glass of warm milk with honey helps me to fall asleep easier. But if you do not trust – listen to the researchers. A Dutch study showed that just warm milk can seem calming and work against sleep problems. Honey also plays an important role in this classic cure – for the amino acid tryptophan in the milk to work, it needs some help with insulin. It is made in the body when we eat something sweet – therefore it fits perfectly with a teaspoon of honey that will melt the milk.
So now there is no excuse to not eat honey. I love to put on my greek yoghurt with some cinnamon.
There are 5 good things with summer. And I know there is more but this is 5 scientific reasons why summer is the best season. Think about it for a second. You always feel lighter when summer is close. You feel free and uninhibited. There is no more must do this or must do that. Of course you still have a job but the feeling of doing some obligations is more simple. Summer makes you feel like you can do whatever you want. It brings new life to you. And to not talk about inspiration. How many times during winter time you have been thinking, ‘Can’t wait till summer then I can do this or change something’.
So, lets start:
1. Vitamin D – We are already familiar with this but we can’t say it enough. In Sweden we really need vitamin D. I even eat extra for this since we have so little sunlight here. But the natural sun is the best. Your immune system will get boost and it works to prevent diseases in almost every system of the body. Here is an interesting article form Dr Holic, author of “The Vitamin D solution”.
2. Sleep gets better – To wake up in the morning is much more exciting then during the cold winter time. You feel more fresh and the body is waking up nice from the light. The sunlight makes you have a more restful sleep at night. Also the heat makes you sleep naked to lower your body temperature. This benefits it’s own set of health, not least of inspiring you to have more sex. Dr. Virgil D. Wooten explains in an article for How Stuff Works.
3. Fruits – This is something I notice I do more during summertime. I fill up the body with fruits and smoothies. It’s boring always drinking water so the fruit makes it more nice to dehydrate. The best is if you find a good tasty watermelon. Here is an interesting article from Rosanna Lee, a nutrition educator, who told the Huffington Post, “These summer fruits not only taste great, but they also provide your body with water and a combination of nutrition, keeping your body healthy and happy.”
4. Your sweat – Sounds not so nice? But this is good for you since the body is detoxing from nasty bacterias that builds up and open the pores. So this is a boost for your mood by upping up your endorphins. It also makes your skin healthier. This is also interesting. In a study reported on by UC Berkeley, male sweat has been found to boost females’ hormone levels. In fact, it can actually improve a woman’s mood.
5. Swimming – Instead of being stuck in a boring gym why not be in the water? Swimming is really good and the water resistance works all your major muscle groups, including the shoulders, arms, hips, glutes, abs and legs. It also builds up your cardiovascular system by testing your lungs and getting your blood pumping. A nice and refreshing way to work out when the heat wave is all over the place.