Summer is at its peak now. Who wants to be locked in to a boring office when it’s hot here? I understand why you have siesta in Spain. You can not work in this heat. The thoughts are wandering all the time to the beach or the long-awaited holiday that you have booked in during cold January. When the heat turns on, I always longing for a road trip. And what’s great then if not with friends, your partner or family. Take the car and hit the road! The feeling of road trip gives a sense of freedom. You are on top. One feels that you are heading somewhere beyond the horizon. You are heading out into the big world. One wants out on adventure. The fantasy flows and happiness passes through into each cell of the entire body. So what is not better then with a good car, good packing and let the roads lead you. But first, you may still have to plan a little .
1. Make sure to go with the right person – For a trip to be as good as possible, your Thelma or Louise must be someone you may have traveled with before. If it’s your partner and you’ve never been on a road trip together, you’ll just get a chance. My experience with traveling with friends has been good and bad. Hence my advice to make sure to go with someone that you agree well with even when the map shows a road but the road is another. Irritation, fatigue, hunger and longing for toilet visits can come in between your happy mood.
2. Plan packing – Ask the question to yourself of how long you will be away. I always think it’s difficult to pack, regardless of a weekend trip or a two week vacation. But if you are looking for adventure, you are two single girls / single guys. Then you need to wear the right clothes so that you have a change if there is a stop in a big city like Berlin and the evening offers a bar round. It will always be fun if you feel amazing;) While in pairs, you also want the right clothes, but it will be a myth trip together on another level. A stop in Paris, a romantic dinner, then you want obviously have a change for this. I always make sure to have twice underwear per day at least and extra spare! So I always count the days and pack it after that. When it comes to clothes, I want to wear both my everyday clothes and some nicer for evenings. If you go for a car for several hours, I’d rather not have jeans shorts that span my waist. Here I chose some nice cotton dress. Shoes, sandals and heels are also packed. Heels are a must when I travel somewhere. I always have at least one pair of high heels with me were ever I go. If you have a camper or caravan, it will be much easier with things like pillow, blanket etc, but you only go with a regular car to stay at hotels, then you may lose the pack. Do not forget toothbrush and toothpaste!
3. The music – This is so important for the roads. In order to capture the whole feeling, you have to agree on the music. This will help you to remember the glorious journey when winter sneaks on and it feels like eternity for the next summer. Then you can listen to the songs that you played on the way to Italy or the furthest of the French Riviera. So do not forget to download Spotify playlists. Because you want to say, ‘Ah, do you remember our journey ?!
4. Food and Drink – Of course, you must make sure to add something to eat. The coffee is important, do not forget! It’s good to take a cup if you do not choose to stay at a petrol shop every time to buy coffee. But sometimes it may even be more enjoyable to stay at any beautiful place you discover along the way. Then you would like to enjoy this view with something good as a coffee.
5. Pause – The most important of it all. Do not forget to pause. Just to push yourself to get there is not a nice roadtrip. I experienced this in my childhood. Dad was so eager that we would arrive at our destination that the trip there and back never became a fun pleasure. In this, only angry people and you do not enjoy your journey. So drop everything, instagram, facebook and any other social media. Clearly, you want to put up your photos proudly, I know I would, but you can take pictures and collect a lot of things to put them up when you are pausing and resting. Just like reading a book. I think it’s more fun to take the phone and review what’s happening online after a day with a break. But there’s nothing better to actually allow yourself to shut down.
So good luck with your roadtrip!
Pictures from Pinterest